10.2.11

lost in conversation

i had coffee, this morning, with my dear friend. we talked about this and that for a while and then we starting talking...
we jumped into parenting and all the confusion and feelings of ineptitude that it presents, went on to 'other people' and how messy they are, found ourselves at hopes and dreams - which made us both a little coy, and ended with feisty hallelujahs and pats on the back.
i came home feeling fizzy and a little annoyed at all that i didn't quite say. i am an introvert but i open to intimate friends and loved ones - i know i do.  i tend to measure words but i am skilled at determining an authentic message, composing it with heart and mind and presenting it with my sincere blessing. today, i wanted more. i felt like worming into my guts and wriggling around until i found the switch that turned on the super-soaker - i wanted to flood the table and teacups with more of me. 
he thinks it's the midazolam i was filled with yesterday before surgery, making me feel a little disassociated. i respond strangely to many pharmaceutical drugs, so he is probably right. looking forward to connecting with myself again, though. 



No comments: