23.1.11

late evening blurb

i hear rapping in the bedroom. her friend has written lyrics and is now performing before the camera whilst standing on the bed. i'll probably see it on facebook in the morning. i want to sleep. he sleeps. he sleeps sweetly but not before he made me tea and rubbed my shoulders and kissed me like he meant it. after my nap i grumbled to myself that i'd be awake till the wee hours, now. it was a sweet, deep nap and i liked it well enough at the time. i dreamed of new orleans and bourbon street and me wearing a white organza gown with a fleur-de-lis in my hair, holding a mint julep. i had a mint julep in n'awlins but it tasted like medicine. i preferred the hurricane from pat o'brien's. i still have the glass. come to think of it - how crazy that i have the glass. i rode into town on a bicycle from new hampshire and left on a bus headed to alaska - from there to boston and eventually back to new zealand. i still have the glass. that's something. the kitten came in to say goodnight or she doesn't like the rap. either way, we can play fetch with the ping pong ball, now. it might make me sleepy.


No comments: